Manoj Bajpayee, Suriya and Vidya Balan win top honours at IFFM 2021 Awards

The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2021 (IFFM) awarded top prizes to acclaimed actors Vidya Balan, Manoj Bajpayee and South star Suriya.

After the success of the digital format last year, the 12th edition was held both physically and virtually during the coronavirus pandemic.

The movie gala's physical format began on August 12th and ended on Friday. The digital edition will be available until August 30 in Australia.

Suriya won the best actor award for his performance as Captain GR Gopinath in "Soorarai Pottru", a Tamil-language biographical drama. The story is based on the life and times of the retired Army officer who founded the low-cost airline Air Deccan. It also won the Best Feature Film Award.

After working for 20 years, I felt unsatisfied with my job. Sudha, my director, has been working on this film for four years. Suriya stated that the character Maara would not exist without her.

Balan won the best actress award for her subtle portrayal of a upright forest officer in the widely acclaimed film "Sherni".

"I am thrilled to receive the award for Sherni', which was made during the pandemic. My producer Abundantia and my director Amit Masurkar for making this film in these difficult times. Balan's acceptance speech stated that the film received so much love and that the award was the icing on top.

T-Series and Abundantia Entertainment produced the film. It was released on Amazon Prime Video June 18.

Vikram Malhotra is the founder and CEO of Abundantia Entertainment. He said that the entire team was delighted to have been awarded the "Sherni" award.

Manoj Bajpayee, Samantha Akkineni and Krishna DK won the best actress and best actor awards in a series for "The Family Man 2", which was directed and created by Raj Nidimoru.

Bajpayee (52), said that he was grateful to the members of the jury for honoring his performance.

"I have to mention that series and cinema are both collaborative mediums. It would be embarrassing for me to accept the award without acknowledging everyone involved.

"I am grateful to Amazon Prime Video Raj and DK. But it's the writers who make a big difference." They gave me the opportunity to play this role," said the actor who won the best actor award at the festival for "Gali Guleiyan".

Akkineni expressed gratitude to DK and Nidimoru for giving her the chance to play a multilayered character in her digital debut.

Raj and DK helped me see beyond my cute girl image and gave me a role that is completely different from the one I had done before. She said, "To give me this character with so many layers and so many parts."



Anurag Basu, Ace filmmaker, won the best director trophy for "Ludo", the dark comedy anthology that features Aditya Roy Kapur and Fatima Sana Shaikh.

"Mirzapur", season 2, won the best series award.

IFFM awarded Pankaj Tripathi, a veteran actor, the prestigious diversity award in cinema. Nimisha Sajayan was also honored with an honorary mention for "The Great Indian Kitchen".

Tripathi, 44 years old, stated that she was grateful to all writers and filmmakers who offered him parts.

He thanked Anurag Kashyap for discovering his talents in 2012's "Gangs of Wasseypur".

"I am humbled. This award is a great inspiration for me and my craft. Tripathi stated that she was grateful to all her directors and writers for including me in their projects.

"Sheer Qorma" was awarded the equality in cinema (Short Film), while "The Great Indian Kitchen", won the equality award in cinema in feature film.

Ajitpal Singh's "Fire in the Mountains" won the best indie film award. Sanal Kumar Sasidharan received the disruptor award. "Shut Up Sona" was the best documentary film.

Previous Post Next Post

.